For many, scars are not something to worry about or cover up. But if it is something that bothers you – we have good news. At Bloom Clinic we have the latest, painless treatments to reduce pigmentation, soften and smooth out scars so they are less noticeable and all with NO down time.
What is a scar?
A scar is a mark on the skin, caused by an infection, injury, surgery or rapid skin growth. When the skin is injured by one of these causes, it creates collagen to reconnect tissue which has been broken by the injury. Often a scab forms to protect the injury from infection. A stretch mark is a scar, but is not caused by trauma to the skin, but when the skin is suddenly stretched. This may commonly occur during puberty, sudden weight gain or pregnancy.
How does Bloom treat scars?
Here at Bloom, we use either our gentle, non contact – genesis laser or microplus and sonophoresis over the scarred area. We advise 5-8 treatments over the area to get the full benefit of treatment. We offer packages for these treatments.
So how do the three scar treatments work?
- Genesis laser stimulates a response which creates a thermal injury in the deeper layers of your skin, resulting in your skin generating new collagen and gradually filling in the scars, smoothing the skin texture, lightening the colour and tightening enlarged pores.
- Microplus+ can diminish the appearance of shallow acne scarring and treat enlarged pores and blackheads. Microplus+ also stimulates collagen growth, smoothing and re-texturing your skin’s surface.
- Vitamin B infusion with sonophoresis. Using this treatment to help treat scarring we are able to infuse asap serums 800 times more, into the deeper layers of your skin. This treatment can be used on it’s own or in combination with laser Genesis or Microplus+.
Types of scars we treat
- Acne Scarring
- Pigmentation and discolouration
- Enlarged pores
- Stretch marks
- Recent or older surgical scars
- Trauma scars
- Scar smoothing
What products do you recommend to treat scarring?
- asap vitamin B. This is a fast-acting serum containing a high concentration of Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) This serum boosts collagen production and reduces pigmentation and redness. Suitable for all skin types.
- asap daily exfoliating facial scrub. This promotes cell renewal and stimulates collagen, improving the appearance and texture of a scar.
- Bloom organic oil blend. Made with organic essential oils, sourced from NZ and the Pacific. Our oil blend helps reduce pigmentation and smooth non keloid scars.
Our treatments are for all skin types and tones. We offer an initial FREE consultation to assess your problem area(s) and develop a treatment plan that is right for you. Our staff are very discreet and understand how important it is to soften or diminish the appearance of your scar.