Everyone loves to talk about a ‘youthful’ skin and skin rejuvenation but what exactly does that mean? We ask one of our registered nurses, Angela who has a special interest in skin to tell us what she thinks makes for youthful skin – “I think a vibrancy, movement and a plumpness in the skin, non visible pores, faded pigmentation, a smooth skin texture and reduced fine lines”.
There are many options for skin rejuvenation, but it takes time, commitment and some monetary investment. Everything from your lifestyle, your health and diet, the weather, and pollution can affect your skin.
Here are the fast facts to help you achieve great skin:
- Wear a daily sun protection and reapply during the day.
- Wear protective clothing and a hat to protect you against UVA and UVB rays
- Drink adequate amounts of water
- Moderate alcohol intake and no smoking
- Regular exercise and balanced diet
- Cleanse, tone and moisturize your face daily
- Weekly exfoliation of your face and body
- Weekly moisturising face mask
- Weekly steam of your face and decolletage area
- Regular Bloom Laser skin rejuvenation treatments
If you are doing everything you can and you are still not happy with the way your skin is looking Bloom Clinic in Wellington have a number of rejuvenating skin treatments that can help you gain elasticity, reduce pores and fine lines and achieve a brilliant smooth texture.
- Skin Tightening – with our laser Genesis
- Collagen stimulation therapy with mini Ofra facial with infused essential oil steam
- Skin brightening & rejuvenation therapy using an Ofra mask and facial massage
At Bloom we use Cutera’s, Laser Genesis – which unlike IPL is a true laser. IPL is a light-based superficial treatment that is limited to paler skin tones. Laser Genesis has a deeper wavelength which means it penetrates deeper into skin (upper dermis) – stimulating collagen and can be used on all skin tones. This is a safe non-invasive, pain free, very relaxing laser treatment with no down time. You can re-apply makeup, sunscreens and go straight back to your everyday life.
You will begin to see benefits and skin improvement with consecutive treatments. We recommend you purchase a package of three – six treatments to start, preferably 2-3 weeks apart. We offer Qcard.
If you would like to know more about our rejuvenation therapy laser treatment or our products – contact us today.
To book an appointment click here